Dear Friends of Unity of Verde Valley,
Over the course of this past year of living with a pandemic, we have all experienced multiple changes in our lives. Some of these changes have been difficult and some have brought new gifts for us to share. With the changes in the CDC guidelines and after much prayerful consideration, the Unity of Verde Valley Board of Trustees has made decisions regarding moving forward as a community.
We have been excited to be back in person for the past few weeks. Being able to connect face-to-face has been important for many in healing the sense of aloneness and separation. We are ready to take our next steps. Beginning June 6, we will:
- Continue social distancing, therefore, we will continue to refrain from hugging and holding hands.
- Social distancing will be taken down to 3 feet instead of 6 feet.
- Masks will be optional. The CDC guidelines say that if you have been fully vaccinated, you are not required to wear a mask. We cannot ask if you have been vaccinated, therefore, if you choose not to wear a mask, you are accepting responsibility for this decision.
- You will no longer be required to register to attend services. This means, once the chairs are filled in the sanctuary if you wish to stay, you will need to sit in the green room.
- Because we are opening the sanctuary, services will no longer be available on Zoom. We will record the talk and meditation and upload it to YouTube.
- We are working toward bringing back live music in a way that fits with the guidelines. I know many of us have felt the absence of this music.
As a part of our process, we connected with Dr. Colvin, our landlord, regarding his requirements. He requires people to wear masks while in the hallways and asks that we refrain from congregating in the hallways. As a physician, we were very interested in his thoughts. He was right in alignment with the Board.
If you have questions or comments, please feel free to speak to one of the board members or myself.
In love and light,
Rev Charli and the Unity of Verde Valley Board of Trustees